Non Meraki VPN Tunnel failover issues with the Script

ShoaibAbbad
Comes here often

Non Meraki VPN Tunnel failover issues with the Script

Hi Team,

We are using meraki in our corp offices currently we don't have proxy setup. All the traffic is being filtered in the Meraki itself. We are planning to use Cloud Proxy setup through zScalar Site to Site Tunnel and the same has been tested.

As per the document we have to use a script for performing a tag based failover of non-meraki s2svpn tunnel. The script sometimes break and we have relaunch it everytime it goes down. Do we have any updated script to test the failover scenario in non meraki s2svpn tunnels. As we are planning to have this setup from every network the script doesn't seems to be stable. Can i get some suggestion on this.

Apart from this why doesn't Meraki support for having a Secondary Peer IP Address in Non Meraki s2s vpn tunnels.
If such option was available then the running a script would not be required.

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is happening when the script fails?  Is it reporting an error?

vpn failover script errors.JPG

This is the error and if i try to execute the script again it works for a minute and then breaks.

Meraki Script error.JPG

I'm not much into the programming stuff and errors make us worry every time 😞 

Hmm.  Not sure about that one.  There must be something else going wrong (perhaps every in the Python environment).

You need someone with some basic Python schools.  Any high school kid that has done computer studies would probably do it ...  Know anyone with children?

Thanks Philip for the response. I'm trying to get a person who knows python. I suspect i'm missing some addons of the python as the same script is working in a different machine but not in new one. I had installed the latest version of python which is available from the web.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.