Meraki API - MSP Identifier

bipsendk
Conversationalist

Meraki API - MSP Identifier

Hi

Is there any way of fetching the MSP Identifier on an organization via the API ?

I have not been able to find information about it - so maybe it is not possible ?

If it isn't possible, where would I send such a feature-request ?

Regards

Brian

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no such concept.  You have accounts that are given access to organisations.  An "MSP" account (which is just a standard account) has been given access to multiple organisations.  Any account can be given access to multiple organisations.

You can also authenticate using Cisco Secure-X, and SAML.  The same principal applies.

But the "MSP Identifier" field would be useful to add e.g. a contract number for invoicing purposes - so all data is gathered in one place, and I don't have to keep a local reference list between the meraki organization id and the contract number in our ERP system.

sungod
Head in the Cloud

I think it's already there, in Organization>Settings you have the field MSP Identification ID, not sure when they added it, never used to be there.

The API call https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organizations gets you that value.

I don't see it in documentation.meraki.com, but from API info it looks like it's just an optional freeform text field that you can do what you like with.

I'd say it's more like a field you could use to put something like a customer contract number in. Not something identifying an MSP itself.

JonH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The value is actually assigned by Meraki, so the recommendation would be for customers not leveraging a managed service provider to ignore it, else there would be unintended results.

The getOrganizations endpoint would reflect a configured value.

sungod
Head in the Cloud

@JonH we've been an MSP since 2014 I think, but I don't recall us ever being assigned any MSP ID.

What is the process for this? or is there somewhere we need to look to find it, like in the partner portal?

JonH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Unlike the MCN, it's a fairly new construct, so that's understandable. My recommendation would be to reach out to your Meraki account team.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It seems to be a free-form field in the Dashboard that you can type anything you want into it.

PhilipDAth_0-1705863124815.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.