I cannot understand the numbers of 'received', 'sent' and 'ts'

Solved
Namgyu
Getting noticed

I cannot understand the numbers of 'received', 'sent' and 'ts'

Hi, dears.

When I use the API about traffic history, I get the result right this.

usageHistory.PNG

With this API, can I get the only amount of using data?

The unit of received and sent data is kbytes so in the second group, does it mean I sent 3.93MB and received 105.4MB?

What does numbers of ts? Does ts mean the specific time?

+ Are there any APIs extracting all of descriptions about applications linked by a network?

all applications.PNG

1 Accepted Solution
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

It's a list of usages per day. The ts is the timestamp marking either the start of the end of the time interval.

E.g. 1567468800 is Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:00:00 AM

I'm afraid no more detailed information per application (per user) is available from the API at this point in time.

Edit: Actually, this is not correct, there is data per user per application available via the call:

image.png
More info here:

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

It's a list of usages per day. The ts is the timestamp marking either the start of the end of the time interval.

E.g. 1567468800 is Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:00:00 AM

I'm afraid no more detailed information per application (per user) is available from the API at this point in time.

Edit: Actually, this is not correct, there is data per user per application available via the call:

image.png
More info here:

Thank you for your kind answer!

Additionally, how can you know 1568468800 is that time?

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

They are standard Unix/epoch timestamps. Most programming languages have built-in conversion tools for them. The way I did it in this case is this website: https://www.epochconverter.com/

@BrechtSchamp Thank you very much! 😄
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.