Help with VLAN Tagging through API using Python

Solved
CITSRobj
Conversationalist

Help with VLAN Tagging through API using Python

I've created a bunch of new group policies on different networks using create_network_group_policy. I tried to specify vlan tags when doing this, but when I checked none of them had vlan tags assigned. I would like to assign a vlan tag to each policy through the API but the documentation says I need the group policy ID in order to use update_network_group_policy. I don't see anything in the web interface indicating an ID but the name of the group policy doesn't seem to work. Since the organizations and networks all have long ID numbers (ex. L_616993148949760000), I'm wondering if these group policies also have ID numbers that I need in order to update them. If that's the case how would I find out what they are? If it's not the case what's the correct syntax to use with this update_network_group_policy when specifying a vlan tag?

1 Accepted Solution
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

If you get a list of the group policies through the API they will be returned with their ID. I'm not aware of any thing in the web UI that shows these... But if click into the GP I believe it's in the URL as what I label the <GPID> in this exaple:

https://<SHARD>.meraki.com/<NET_NAME>/n/<NET_ID>/manage/configure/group_policies#/groups/<GPID>/edit

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

If you get a list of the group policies through the API they will be returned with their ID. I'm not aware of any thing in the web UI that shows these... But if click into the GP I believe it's in the URL as what I label the <GPID> in this exaple:

https://<SHARD>.meraki.com/<NET_NAME>/n/<NET_ID>/manage/configure/group_policies#/groups/<GPID>/edit

CITSRobj
Conversationalist

Thanks so much man, the number in that spot is exactly what I needed to make this work.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.