To close this topic out, this is what I've done -
- create a python spark bot that's hosted on Google App Engine
- grabbed the Meraki python SDK from github
- mangled it a bit to run in python 2.7 instead of 3
- added data models and storage functions from GAE
- modified the Meraki SDK functions to check if the network/device/client they're retrieving already exists in the datastore
- created some jobs that run on a schedule in the background to renew the networks/devices/clients
- created some query functions that allow you to find a client's details by IP or MAC.
Now I can find a client's details from slack and response time is ~1 second from 12k+ clients, 20 networks and 345 devices.
Next on my list is to allow updating of the client's policy from slack.