Getting single port status and speed of MX devices

Capitano
Just browsing

Getting single port status and speed of MX devices

I need to retrive from the API the same port data shown under "Security & SD-WAN -> Appliance Status -> Summary: Ports"

The data I needThe data I need

I haven't been able to find the correct API (or APIs) to get the data shown in the tooltip, does anyone have any suggestion?

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried this one?

Get Organization Appliance Uplinks Usage By Network - Meraki Dashboard API v1 - Cisco Meraki Develop...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, that gives uplink usage, I need ports (that are different from uplinks) and their connection speed

There is no API.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MX LAN ports are not currently treated as switch ports so for the moment there is no API endpoints to get that info.

Isn't the web interface using the API?

Nope

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There was an attempt to provide the switch port data for MXs a few years ago.  It only lasted on the dashboard for a couple of days and never made it to the APIs due to numbering errors that were never resolved.  An example of this is the MX75 where ports 1-3 are WAN ports so port 4 is actually called LAN port 0 in the back end, with port 5 being LAN 1 etc.

I don't know why they didn't fix it and republish the page as it doesn't seem an insurmountable issue to me.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.