Getting Login Information From

DaveO
New here

Getting Login Information From

Hello.

Thanks for your help in advance. I'm new to working with Meraki APIs.

I need to capture login information for our VPNs. I have found the device information for our company. The product type is appliance. I have tried to capture logins through the events for the networks/{networkID}/events/?productType=appliance, but only get Client VPN negotiation and Content filtering blocked URL.

Could someone please push me towards the answer I'm looking for. 

Thank you.

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have a Syslog server, your MX can send logs to it.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

So, when the IT admin person gets login information and sends it in an Excel file, he's looking at the device's log files? Can't look at those logs with an API?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can also check this through the dashboard. Why do you want to do it via API?

alemabrahao_0-1709741975544.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

I found that I could get the info through the dashboard.

The boss wants to capture it nightly and have it for some sort of reporting. We automatically capture AD login information today and he wants to add VPN login info. Actually, this is coming from upper management.

mlefebvre
Building a reputation

I don't believe there is a good way to do this through the Meraki API, I would recommend instead looking at doing this through Event Viewer logs with AD and/or NPS or integrating a SAML authentication solution like Azure AD that would give you this visibility plus extra security features.

And as far as I remember there is no specific API for this. There is another tool that you can use.

https://apps.meraki.io/en-US/apps/380817/datadog

I kept digging and this is possible through the events of the device

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.