Get Devices ProductID via API

TorstenBrink
New here

Get Devices ProductID via API

Hi Community,

it looks like I´m missing something or there´s a lack in the API I don´t understand.

My use case:

I want to gather the (exact) product id´s of my Meraki dashboard inventory. If I check the Meraki Dashboard (via Browser) I can see all devices with their corresponding prod-id´s listed (Organizations / Configure / Inventory), along with some more data.

I think I found the API call that´s the API version of this:

• {{baseUrl}}/organizations/:organizationId/inventory/devices

But, as the result I do not see the "MR72-HW" as the modell, but 

{
"mac": "00:18:0a:xx:yy:zz",
"serial": "aaaa-bbbb-cccc",
"name": "AP00",
"model": "MR72",
},

Well now we can say that I could just programatically add the "-HW" to it, done. BUT, there are also country/regional specific devices, like "Z1-HW-EU", but in API it just shows "Z1".

Is there any other API call to gather the exact Product ID from the Dashboard?

Thanks for support.

Cheers

Torsten
2 Replies 2
sungod
Head in the Cloud

I don't think there's a way to do it beyond the call you already found and adding -HW.

The PID country suffix is typically selecting the power cable to order (if any) rather than a device difference.

You could create a rule to rebuild the suffix (on products where it would be valid, so you'd need to maintain a table) based on the countryCode value in the API response.

The cellular devices with the -NA or -WW suffix are one exception I can think of, though whether they are actual hardware variants rather than determined by software/config is another thing.

The huge Cisco API collection may give access to the full PID in the CCW order, but that's a completely different system, and you'd still need to find a way to relate data from CCW with Dashboard (I've a feeling that relation may not be possible.)

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Basically a model number and a product SKU (that you use in an order) are separate - albeit related - things.

Is there a particular reason why you need the SKU specifically?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.