Export DHCP Configuration

Etard09
New here

Export DHCP Configuration

Hello,

Not entirely sure if this is possible via API or a different way and I'm not finding much information on the possibility of this. 

We're looking to do some mass changes in our environment and for some of our subnets Meraki hands out DHCP but for others our DC's hand out DHCP. I'm attempting to export all of this DHCP and DNS information located in the DHCP Configuration Page to a spreadsheet or something of that nature. Is this possible or would somebody have some insight on how to accomplish this rather than going to each site individually and entering in the information manually to a spreadsheet?

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm pretty sure there are no endpoints to retrieve DHCP information from a MX , but for MS it is possible.

For example : https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-latest/#!update-device-switch-routing-interface-dhcp 

I'm not looking for any endpoint information. What I'm looking to do is get the DHCP Configuration information exported from the MX's that we have deployed to determine what and where DHCP is being handed out and where they point to DNS (nameserver) wise for said DHCP Scope along with the subnet information.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Like I said , there are no API endpoints for that type of DHCP configuration on the MX. Only on the MS

You cannot automate the process. The best way would be using templates and only modifying the template, but that depends on your setup and needs.

EDIT : I was wrong. See Karstenl response bellow. Easy to automate this.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think it is possible, the DHCP-config for the MX is included in the VLAN config:

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-network-appliance-vlan

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are correct. I was searching through the OpenApiSpec with 250++ results and probably missed it.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

To remove some confusion, an “endpoint” in the context of an API is the config-element that you want to get from the dashboard. It has nothing to do with endpoints on the network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.