Complete set of values for alertType in Alert Webhooks available?

schlazor
New here

Complete set of values for alertType in Alert Webhooks available?

I have the Postman collection and have read all the docs I could find but could not come up with a definitive list of possible values for alertType. I understand they'll be added to over time, but it would be nice for the complete set to be available somewhere, ideally organized by the devices that can send them. Does that exist or do I just have to wait for real-life examples of terrible things happening?

4 REPLIES 4
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Don't know if it's complete, but here's a list:

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/897512/RWaLwTY4

POSTs and GETs that get sent to your application.

Yes, actually, as I mentioned I do have the Postman collection. I do not believe it is complete, as I also have screenshots of examples of the Alert settings pages from each type of equipment and there seem to be many examples not present.

Systems manager:

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 2.50.25 PM.png

The only alert in the Postman collection for System Manager is "Clients have enrolled in one of your networks" which is present in this list, albeit with slightly different wording. I'm sure "Configuration settings are changed" here is "Settings changed" in the Network-wide section, but what about the others? Since the wording of the alerts in the web UI isn't exactly the same in the alert type for the ones I do have examples for, I'd guess it's unlikely that I can expect the alerts I don't have examples for to match the wording here either. I would like to be able to do different things based on what the alert type is. It's hard to do that without knowing what all the alert types are.

I see. I don't know of any other list but I don't think you should assume that all alerts visible in the dashboard are sent over webhooks at this point in time. Just like with the dashboard api it's likely that not all alerts are added yet. The webhooks were only added in october last year...

Tbh, I'd focus on handling the ones in that documentation and perhaps start building a log of events that aren't recognized, you could even let the application notify you in those cases.

Keep in mind that the network wide section actually has a "settings changed" event too, so the one in the postman collection is likely that one rather than the systems manager one.

OK, thanks for the advice. Would be nice if whether they're a fully functioning replacement of the other options (email/SNMP trap) was pointed out somewhere on the docs. I'll see if we can get some more alert examples by breaking some things on some non critical stuff, maybe find a pattern between the SNMP trap names and alertTypes or something.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.