Can't find a couple SSID settings in the API

Solved
Allen-O
Conversationalist

Can't find a couple SSID settings in the API

I'm trying to duplicate an existing SSID so that I can deploy it to a bunch of networks using the API.  I've got everything working except for two settings that I'm seeing in the GUI but can't find in the API:

Clients blocked from using LAN: Yes
Controller disconnection behavior: Restricted

Is this just in another section and not "ssids" or is this not available via API?

Thanks,

Allen

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Are you referring to the MR L3 firewall rule section? If so, PUT/networks/{networkId}/wireless/ssids/{number}/firewall/l3FirewallRules

controller disconnection behavior is under PUT/networks/{networkId}/wireless/ssids/{number}/splash/settings

Btw a method to find API endpoints is do a search for keywords at this link https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/openapiSpec

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Are you referring to the MR L3 firewall rule section? If so, PUT/networks/{networkId}/wireless/ssids/{number}/firewall/l3FirewallRules

controller disconnection behavior is under PUT/networks/{networkId}/wireless/ssids/{number}/splash/settings

Btw a method to find API endpoints is do a search for keywords at this link https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/openapiSpec

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That link is really good!

Wow, that link is a HUGE help and definitely exposed a large hole in my knowledge when it comes to what I'm trying to do (I'm also new to API work).  I had basically thought that doing a GET on "/networks/{networkId}/wireless/ssids/{number}", modifying the json, then using it to do a PUT to another network was basically copying an SSID from one network to another.  However, now I see there are a ton settings I'm missing when I do that.  So that takes care of the controller disconnect behavior along with a bunch of splash settings I didn't realize I had missed.

As for the "Clients blocked from using LAN: Yes" I'm still having trouble finding it.  Maybe it's called something else in the API?  I'm finding it in the GUI by going to Wireless > SSIDs and the it's in the configuration overview page under "Access Control".

Thank you again, this has been a huge help already!

Comparing the L3 fw rules from an existing SSID to the one I'm trying to create with the API, it looks like you were right about that one as well :).  Now I'm just trying to figure out how I get around the API requiring the destination to be in CIDR format instead of "Local LAN" which is what I get from the other SSID when I do a GET with the API.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.