Beginner question regarding Postman and API access

VanMak
Conversationalist

Beginner question regarding Postman and API access

Hello all,

I'm having a problem accessing the Dashboard API. I have a key I generated ~6 months ago and one I generated today for testing. I am also using the latest version of the Meraki API (v1.22.0) collection installed in Postman locally. I noticed that the only API call I could make successfully was the List the Organizations. Anything additional like List the Networks in an Organization resulted in a 401 error. I then provisioned an additional key, and at first this one did not work at all, but I came back to it an hour later and it functioned in the exact same way as my original key, List the Organizations is the only call that works, anything else results in a 401.

In the Authorization section of Postman for both calls referenced above, it states:

This request is using API Key from collection Meraki Dashboard API - v1.22.0.

And I do indeed have my key defined in that parent section. Can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this? Is this a Postman issue (most likely) or possibly an account issue where the API doesn't have access to anything additional? However, if I simply swap out the value of my key for the one provided for the API Sand box (

6bec40cf957de430a6f1f2baa056b99a4fac9ea0), I can access multiple API calls.

UPDATE: Looks like I also had to define organizationID, but then why did the API sandbox version work?

UPDATE 2: I figured it out, I setup a new environment specific to my dashboard variables.

0 Replies 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.