Automate Vlan creation in networks with csv file

Solved
Zitoune38
Comes here often

Automate Vlan creation in networks with csv file

Hello everybody, 

I'm new to scripting and quite despair...

I don't know how to simply automate the deployment of a new VLAN on my meraki networks (organization of 100 networks with many VLAN already configured).

I would like to use a csv file with the following field (id, name, applianceIp, subnet) to update my network configurations.

Is there somebody who can share an example of a python script and csv file that I can use please ?

I'm at standstill, thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution
JasonM
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I recommend having a look at this Youtube demo from my colleague on how to use the Collection Runner in Postman to make changes in mass using a csv file. This seems like a good use-case for what you are trying to do and is simple to implement.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this:

https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/meraki-network-vlan-provision

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
JasonM
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I recommend having a look at this Youtube demo from my colleague on how to use the Collection Runner in Postman to make changes in mass using a csv file. This seems like a good use-case for what you are trying to do and is simple to implement.

Zitoune38
Comes here often

Hello Jason,

This tool is amazing and it perfectly meets my need ! 

Thanks a lot for this link.

Have a nice day

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.