Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream

GoOn
Getting noticed

Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream

Hello to everyone!

Since the last night, I receive the following error trying to call my API, for every request: VPN status, switches status and access points too.

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.. ---> System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

in System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

in System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

in System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar)

It started going in error whithout changes by my side.

I use the NuGet package Meraki.Dashboard by Anthony Langsworth (GitHub - NTTLimitedRD/Meraki.Dashboard: A strong-typed, mockable Cisco Meraki Dashboard API .Net Sta...)

The authentication call below is correctly working

MerakiDashboardClient MerDashboardClient = MerakiDashboardClientFactory.Create(StrMerakiApiKey)

but I receive the error at

string StrJsonAvailab = await MerDashboardClient.Client.GetAsync("https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations/" + StrMerakiOrganizationId + "/appliance/vpn/statuses?networkIds[]=" + StrDeviceId);

This code was working until last night, I repeat: nothing changed on my side...

Anyone has the same issue?

I already checked under Organization -> Configure -> Settings on my dashboard and I found the API correctly enabled and Last used value, under my profile page -> API access, is reporting a few minutes ago.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Did you try making the specific call, for a known networkId, with the same API key, using a separate tool like Postman or the API documentation page? :   https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-appliance-vpn-statuses  ?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you try running it from a different public IP address as a test?  Perhaps you are exceeding the rate limit with other scripts, or maybe your IP address has been black listed or something.

Did any Windows Updates install themselves during the timeframe?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.