Applying Organization-wide RADIUS servers into networks

WellyHartanto
Here to help

Applying Organization-wide RADIUS servers into networks

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to apply organization-wide RADIUS servers (which is a feature on "Early Access") to all of my networks.

However, based on https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/update-network-switch-access-policy/ it seems that there's no way of doing that, and I still have to update it manually.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thank you! 

9 Replies 9
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Try a GET /organizations/{organizationId}/auth/radius/servers. Let me know if that returns your Org wide RADIUS server configs please.

I think this is just a documentation issue. If you edit your dashboard URL to end with /manage/support/api_docs/v1#org-radius-servers then scroll down does it show a section for Org radius servers?

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't think you can... 

https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations/xxxxx/auth/radius/servers does return my org-wide radius servers but 

https://api.meraki.com/api/v1/networks/xxxxx/switch/accessPolicies doesn't return anything related to my org-wide radius server ids. It is just the IPs/Ports configured via the org-wide radius settings.

Do you have the Org Wide RADIUS option enabled on the Early Access Page?

Hi @Ryan_Miles 

Yes, I have it enabled hence the question.

Anyway, I believe you posted some additional information (I got the notifications) but I can't seem to find them here. Care to (re)share your thoughts?

Yeah so I think the missing element in the API call for access policies is you can't specify the serverId field which refers to the org wide server config. So while the endpoint exists for the org wide RADIUS settings themselves you can't them reference them in the calls for the switch access policies.

Ok, so since this is an "Early Access" feature, if I raise a support ticket (or anything similar) to ask Meraki to add the capability to apply org-wide RADIUS servers into the network(s), will it be considered?

Or do we have to wait until the feature becomes official?

I would open a case yes. I'm also checking internally to see if I can get any answers.

I have opened a case for this.

If you have any feedback please kindly share it here.

Thank you @Ryan_Miles  

Unfortunately, there's no API call for this purpose as of now.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Cisco Meraki Technical Support.

For now, there is no API endpoint to configure this - the only configuration option is through Dashboard. At this point, there is no timeline for when it'll be launched, however, You can press the 'Give your feedback' button on the bottom right of the dashboard, which provides a convenient form that you can submit as a feature request. (More than half the dashboard features originate from this!)

I will raise a feature request on this.

Thanks @Ryan_Miles @RaphaelL 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.