Alerts API

boomi
Getting noticed

Alerts API

Anyone know if a real alerts API is in the works? The outgoing webhooks feature is great for what it is, but I need pull not push. (My monitoring system needs to be able to periodically poll Meraki, it can't receive the webhook.)

I can poll the webhook logs endpoint as a hack, by setting a fake HTTP destination, but this results in multiple logs due (presumably) to retries. And of course this doesn't give me the actual alert data.

I'm aware I can use a service like Zapier, but I don't want the additional cost. If even WebEx teams could work as a receiver I'd be happy, but it doesn't. (Someone please tell me I'm wrong ... )

5 REPLIES 5
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps you shouldn‘t hold your breath for such an API. 😉

Food for thought:

Webhooks provide you with (almost) everything you‘re asking for. Guess it only depends on what you‘re doing with the alerts sent out. Of course there are services like Zapier, but perhaps it‘s sufficient for your case to simply ingest the data Meraki sends out and write them to files. Your monitoring systems then could poll those and deal with the data.

At least such a Webhook „server“ would be implemented in virtually no time. At least it‘d be a lot quicker than waiting for an alert API to be (possibly) implemented.

That's about what I expected ha. I agree the intermediary server is pretty trivial -- I set up apache earlier this morning to at least receive the POST (no configuration required), and now the dashboard isn't sending retries over and over. 

Thanks for the info!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Which requires middleware, because WebEx doesn't accept the format that Meraki sends.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@boomi wrote:

Which requires middleware, because WebEx doesn't accept the format that Meraki sends.

Neither does Microsoft Teams 😞

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.