About 'Get network clients' API

cumoon
Here to help

About 'Get network clients' API

Hi, all!

Since April 2021, we have been calling API(/api/v1/networks/{{networkId}}/clients?timespan=300&perPage=1000) every 5 minutes
to check which clients are currently connected to the network and storing and using the collected results.

The result data has been missing since December 21, 2022.

We checked our equipment first, but the API call is normal and the equipment setting value has not been changed.

Is there any update in the 'Get network clients' API except doc of "Dashboard API Version 1.28.0 Released"(https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/whats-new/#!v1-28-0/whats-updated)?
4 Replies 4
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

Just tested the endpoint on my multiple orgs and everything is working as expected.

What do you mean : The result data has been missing since December 21, 2022.

You get a 404 ? An empty array ?

cumoon
Here to help

I think,
There seems to be cases where data is missing.
In meraki dashboard, a specific client was found few seconds ago, but the API results do not show that client.

I am testing while adjusting the time span.
1. Call api (param: timespan=660&perPage=1000&mac=a8:6d:aa:c0:89:e7) at UTC 2023-01-05T05:52.
first testfirst test

2. Call api (param: timespan=600&perPage=1000&mac=a8:6d:aa:c0:89:e7) at UTC 2023-01-05T05:52.

second testsecond test

The first has a result. and 'lastseen' value was 'UTC 2023-01-05T05:50'

The second result should also have data, but it wasn't.

sungod
Head in the Cloud

If it used to work as you expected, but has now changed, I suggest open a support case giving exact details of the discrepancy.

I've had similar experience with another API call, in that case the problem was resolved quickly once I opened a case.

Thank you. Let me open the case for this.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.