API calls for Switch Profile display / association

Alex_Khlemanov
New here

API calls for Switch Profile display / association

Hello Community,

As far as I can see there are no API calls to display the current association of the switches with switch profiles and to associate a specific switch with a specific switch profile. Basically I need to collect the current switch Profiles for all Networks in the specific Organisation, and then, after some manipulations that lead to the switches loosing their associations to the Profiles, I need to re-associate all switches to the same switch Profiles they were associated before these manipulations. Looking through the Meraki API library i simply cannot find the API calls to do all this. Am I blind? Are there API calls to list individual switch Profiles and to associate a specific switch with a specific switch Profile? If not, any recommendation about the best way to complete the tasks?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Alexander Khlemanov

2 Replies 2
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi , 

I think there is that endpoint : https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-latest/#!get-organization-config-template-switch-profiles 

Only for switches under a template. You then need to get all the switches under said template.

Is that what you are searching for ?

Hi, no, unfortunately not what I am looking for - I need to be able to see to what switch profile a switch is associated without knowing the profile itself... Actually I think I have found a work-around but it looks very clumsy - several steps required to achieve a simple result. Will play with it today...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.