[API] Get VPN status Non-Meraki peers

Solved
Th1b0plz
Here to help

[API] Get VPN status Non-Meraki peers

Hi everyone,

I've script a lot in Python for execute API requests to my Meraki dashboard.

I found how get the vpn site-to-site status in a network but i dont find how get VPN status of Non-Meraki peers in a Network by API request.

Path in dashboard :

In a network : "Security & SD-WAN" > "VPN status" > "Non-Meraki peers"

An API request exist or not ?

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Sorry to see that, @Th1b0plz! The spec outlines that third-party VPN peers should have reachability information, so something seems to be going wrong, here. I recommend following up with the support directly to find out why it's not appearing in your case, so that they can explore the settings with you in more detail and help you test.

"thirdPartyVpnPeers": [ { "name": "Tokyo Office", "publicIp": "222.333.444.555", "reachability": "reachable" } ]

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
John-K
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @Th1b0plz!

The SDK method getOrganizationApplianceVpnStatuses handles both Meraki and third-party VPN peers.

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-appliance-vpn-statuses

Hi John,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried the request this morning.

It working but for the part of thirdPartyVpnPeers it don't return the status of vpn peers, i have just the name and the public IP

The json return this :

"merakiVpnPeers":[
{
"networkId":"xxxxxxx",
"networkName":"xxxxx",
"reachability":"reachable"
},
{
"networkId":"xxxxx",
"networkName":"xxxxxx",
"reachability":"reachable"
}
],
"thirdPartyVpnPeers":[
{
"name":"name one",
"publicIp":"ip one"
},
{
"name":"name two",
"publicIp":"ip two"
}

and i would like get the thirdPartyVpnPeers status reachable or unreachable

Sorry to see that, @Th1b0plz! The spec outlines that third-party VPN peers should have reachability information, so something seems to be going wrong, here. I recommend following up with the support directly to find out why it's not appearing in your case, so that they can explore the settings with you in more detail and help you test.

"thirdPartyVpnPeers": [ { "name": "Tokyo Office", "publicIp": "222.333.444.555", "reachability": "reachable" } ]

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.