API: Dummy org, networks and devices

SteMeDi
Here to help

API: Dummy org, networks and devices

Hi,

We use your API very intensively and are enthusiastic about it 😊

Is it possible to create a dummy org with fake (not productive) devices only for API testing?

Since we don't want to do the API tests in our productive org, we have created a separate one.
We do not want to waste devices and licenses for these tests, so it would be great to get this kind of testing environment.

Thanks

3 Replies 3
Badr-eddine
Getting noticed

I completely agree with you. It would be highly beneficial to have a pre-production environment that replicates the production environment, allowing us to thoroughly test our configurations and pipelines.

K2_Josh
Building a reputation

"Everybody has a testing environment. Some people are lucky enough enough to have a totally separate environment to run production in."

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

This generally isn't possible, I'm afraid.   For limited duration testing / PoC, Meraki offer free trials, which can be claimed into a separate Dashboard Organization.   Bear in mind that some architectures pretty much require a common Organization to be used:   i.e. if you wanted a test SD-WAN branch, you'd really need it to be in the same Org as the Hub MXs to which the branch MX would inter-connect.

For Cisco partners, purchase of similar equipment can be done on a Not for Resale basis, with appropriate discounts.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.