API Call to report Wi-Fi data

tjh188
Here to help

API Call to report Wi-Fi data

I am looking for the call to report how many GB of data passed through the Meraki MR36 by SSID.

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you looked the summary report?

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Summary_Report_Overvi...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I would really like to script the report and utilize the API call.  Note: The Summary Report page can only display the top 50 results.  

I would like to view all MRs on our network daily usage.

sungod
Head in the Cloud

If  you want data by SSID, one way is to use getNetworkClients to do this (we do), run on each network then sum data for each SSID on that network.

Filter on recentDeviceConnection to only include "wireless".

If you don't care about detail down to client level, another way would be https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-network-wireless-usage-history you'd need to run it filtering on each SSID number.

I ran this API and got the below message.  I specified the info required.  Please help

{
    "errors": [
        "Must specify a device or network client"
    ]
sungod
Head in the Cloud

Ahhh, that second call requires you to specify device or client, you'd need to run it on each AP.

The first call I mentioned is simpler as you run it per-network, I suggest stick to that one.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, I think it's a lot of effort for something that you can visualize on the dashboard and export, but ok.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.