API Call for Dynamic Hostnames

acooper35
New here

API Call for Dynamic Hostnames

Hello everybody. I am relatively new to using Meraki's API and I have been struggling to find anything in the API documentation, or a discussion topic that has an answer for this.

I am looking for a call that will give the unique dynamic hostname for a network in our organization. We use two uplinks and need to compile a list of all of the dynamic hostnames for some scans, so before doing it the manual way, we were hoping there is a call we can do that will get all of that information for an individual network for us.

Image below for further clarification if needed.

Thanks!

MerakiDynamicHost.png

3 Replies 3
CBurkhead
Building a reputation

As far as I can tell, there is no API call that will return this information. I have looked through the Network and Device calls and saw nothing that suggested a call that would have this. Perhaps it is in another section that is less obvious and someone else has already tracked it down.

At this point that's what I am hoping for. I figured after about 2 hours of looking and searching, if there wasn't a single hint of it, at this point it's probably just going to be a manual process.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

I think this is going to be similar to finding firmware versions of all MXs in all Orgs/Networks. Best best make a wish.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Make_a_Wish

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.