API Audit

TroyV
Here to help

API Audit

I have been looking but I can't seem to find a way to audit what API keys have been setup for my users and what they are accessing. Does anyone know of a way to audit active API keys for all users in your organization?

2 Replies 2
ShawnHu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@TroyV Since the API key is part of the administrator profile and the access permission is based on what privilege the administrator is assigned with in a specific organization. For audit purposes, there are two endpoints you can leverage.

getOrganizationApiRequestsOverview  and getOrganizationApiRequests 

You can use the adminId from the latter endpoint linking to a specific user(with the getOrganizationAdmins endpoint). Here is a request example from getOrganizationApiRequests.

{ "adminId": "212406", "method": "GET", "host": "server.example.com", "path": "/api/v1/organizations/12345/apiRequests", "queryString": "timespan=604800", "userAgent": "PostmanRuntime/7.6.0", "ts": "2018-02-11T00:00:00.090210Z", "responseCode": 200, "sourceIp": "123.123.123.1", "version": 1, "operationId": "getOrganizationApiRequests" }

sungod
Head in the Cloud

You can use https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/#!get-organization-admins to identify admins and detect which have API key(s).

Then as above get the requests and see which admin(s) are using the API.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.