licensing

Abechara
Here to help

licensing

Any way to split two organizations with spliting licensing and configurations , please note that my license is cotermination

thank you in advance 

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, there is, as long as it is part of the same organization, it would be interesting to contact Meraki support.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/How_to_Request_a_License_Transfer

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

for the moment i am the owner of the two organizations but later on i will separate them 

Who Can Request a License Transfer?

Only organization administrators with full read/write permissions on both source and destination organizations will be able to request a license transfer.

The full org administrator requesting the transfer must have the same email address on the source and destination organizations. 

SAML administrators (assigned a role that grants full organization privileges) may request license transfers, as long as there is a local administrator that meets the above requirements that can be utilized as a "placeholder". 

Meraki Support will NOT proceed with a license transfer if it is requested by:

• A read-only organization administrator
  • A network administrator
  • An administrator who only has sufficient permissions for one of the two involved organizations 
  • An administrator who manages the source and destination organizations under different accounts (regardless of permissions)
  • A SAML administrator (regardless of permissions) if there is no local administrator to act as a placeholder

Required Information

Information required to proceed with the license transfer:

• The source license key that will be utilized for the transfer (the twelve-digit code in the format "Z2##-####-####")
  • The device type(s) and count to be moved to the destination organization 
    • It is possible to move only a selection of licenses from a full license key 
  • Name and link for the destination organization 
  • The requestor's 4-digit administrator support passcode for the source and destination organization
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Support can help with an Org split (which includes licensing). This is a coordinated effort and special process of keeping configs intact while splitting the Org.

The other option is create a new Org, rebuild configs there, move devices, then move your licenses. You can do all those actions including the license move without Supports involvement. https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/How_to_do_a_License_Transfer_in_Co...

Warren
Getting noticed

Also note on orgs that use saml logins - you need to leave yourself as a regular organization admin with an alias email address in order to get notifications about licenses.  Meraki just turned off our organization that is licensed till 2027 because a device was added to the dashboard but the purchased license was applied.  The only notice that is sent is to the non saml org admins.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.