disable verification code when logging in to the dashboard?

Fabrizio
Comes here often

disable verification code when logging in to the dashboard?

Could someone advise me where I could disable verification when I log in to the dashboard?

it asks me to enter code and it is very tedious

7 REPLIES 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You must open a support case. But I think they will not disable it.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Ryan_Miles wrote:

The recommendation is to setup and use MFA. 

I don't see why that should be considered any less inconvenient.  In fact since it needs a separate device, it would actually be worse than the email.

I think if Meraki wanted to mandate 2FA then it would be better to just say so, rather than trying to pressure people by making normal login as unpleasant as possible with all these clicking on photos and other steps.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@TonySmith when you enter the code there is a checkbox to trust this device for 30 days.  If you click that it is a lot easier

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you click on your profile in the top right-hand corner you can get a QR code to scan into your favourite authenticator app.

Bo_Tang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

open a case with support, they will, at last, disable it, if you insist , however it will take 2 days to process

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MFA is used for security, yes it's boring but security is in the first place.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.