create a new topology

Solved
Meraki43
Comes here often

create a new topology

We have to create a new network topology on our site. The devices are 2isp connected mutually, both MX85 (HA) active and passive, 2MX85 connected to a Cisco 2960X switch, and 3MR33 connected to the 2960X. We need to know the LAN failover.

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but it sounds like your 2960X is your single point of failure in this scenario.

For true redundancy and failover, you probably want to have another in a switch stack, and connect one MX per switch and spread the AP's between the two switches.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but it sounds like your 2960X is your single point of failure in this scenario.

For true redundancy and failover, you probably want to have another in a switch stack, and connect one MX per switch and spread the AP's between the two switches.

Meraki43
Comes here often

Thanks for your replay. I plan to implement the 2960x stackable switch so it will have more redundancy. This is my concern. Could you please share your suggestions?

Meraki43
Comes here often

If it simply says I need to create the best redundant topology, The devices are the 2ISP, 2MX85, Cisco 2960x stacable switch, and 3MR33. Could you please share your suggestions to create it?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

With the design you've got, and having stacked switches it sounds like you have fairly well covered redundancy. Keep in mind that for routed HA for your MX's, they'll need multiple IP's in the same subnet for the WAN connections.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.