Uplink up/down status

Kgaugelo
Conversationalist

Uplink up/down status

Hi

I am using CA spectrum to monitor our devices, I would like to monitor Meraki SD-WAN uplink up/down status via SNMP because our monitoring system doesn't support API. 

4 REPLIES 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I'm working on my own API dashboard for this so I'd be interested to see what you come up with for SNMP.  Following this. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't monitor SD-WAN via SNMP.  You can monitor the uplinks.  It is a lot of pain usually.

Meraki have to make UPlink status available via SNMP because we can't only monitor this via API only.

Some systems don't support API or some Engineers don't have development skill which means we must source a developer each time we want to add new metrics to monitoring. this is cost

WindowSeat
Conversationalist

If you're looking to monitor the layer 1 status (physical up/down), you can use solarwinds via SNMP (this page may provide more info: https://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/69928.  Some other monitoring system would be similar.

Otherwise, if you're needing more info about the actual status, you'll probably need to take advantage of the API.

We had to write a script (github link) to hit the API to see if the uplinks were "failed" or "not connected."  That script then sends a list of locations that have uplinks that are down/failed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.