The Next Generation Meraki Mobile Experience (all new Meraki Mobile Beta!)

joe
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The Next Generation Meraki Mobile Experience (all new Meraki Mobile Beta!)

Hi everyone! 

We have some exciting news on our updated mobile experience, currently in beta! 

This update reflects a complete overhaul of our existing iOS and Android apps to provide a modern mobile experience and complimentary dashboard experience. 

Here are some of the features we’re really excited about:

• A complete UX / navigation redesign
  • Biometric authentication (Face ID, Fingerprint)
  • Push notifications for alerts (Device offline, more coming soon!)
  • Ability to apply group policies to clients
  • Ability to update switchport VLANs
  • Ability to get a quick gut check on the state of your organizations, networks, and clients

We would love your help participating in this beta to help us field test these features in a variety of environments,  understand what needs some iteration, and prioritize additional features in future rollouts! 

We’re looking for feedback on the updated experience and ideas for future features. If you have a specific use case you are hoping to be able to handle from mobile, or a feature that's missing that would unlock a new workflow for you, let us know! Some future features that we are considering right now include supporting network admins, Meraki’s System Manager, or viewing Meraki support cases. 

Please submit a wish from directly in the app via Settings >  Make a wish. We really do read each and every one!

Here’s how to get started with the beta: Download links and FAQ

And of course, here are some screenshots!

All new home screen experience

new_home_screen.gif

Wireless Health built in to client details

wireless_health.png

Editing a switch port

switchport_edit.png

26 REPLIES 26
AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

Excellent!

Installing now 😀

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Nice. I've been wanting a more improved Mobile version. Thanks @joe 

Enthusiast
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'll give you some feedback.  It's a million times better than the old version.

Looks good, will install it now. Love the upcoming push notifications! 😎

@joe beaning using it a whole 2 minutes and already loving the new app. Being Able to change VLAN tagging is such a life saver.

One feature that would be handy would be to run a packet capture from the app but the Wireshark file is emailed to the person so they can access the file once at an actual computer. Sometimes while troubleshooting it's a matter of timing and this could be a big help. 

rwiesmann
A model citizen

I signed up for the app. It tell's me welcome to the testprogram...and that it may take

a while till the app get's installed...anyone any idea how long it may go?

I wait now for about an hour and getting impatient, because I would like to try it. 😀

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@joe this new update still adds an afterburner to my MX historical throughput figures...

Screenshot_20200501-102730_Meraki.jpg

But at least I can open our main site now so thank you for some good fixes 👍

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I like the new switch ports tab where you can see the ports that have data and PoE active, well you can on an MS225-48, but not on an MS220-8 where all ports are greyed out...

Also although our Datacenter network is now accessible it does still take 1min+ to move between screens or change graph timeframes, so I didn't dare enter the client tab 😱

joe
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@rwiesmann , sorry for the delay! Have you been able to get access? If not, feel free to DM me.

@cmr thanks for the reports! We've got both the usage and switchport issues tracked, and will be fixed in a future release. I'm definitely interested in the datacenter network you are looking at. Would you mind DMing me your network link?

rwiesmann
A model citizen

@joe Worked now...but hat to deinstall/install the app from scratch. 

I got now Version 3.0.1 which is hopefully the newest one.

rgds

roger

damienleick
Getting noticed

Hi,

Is someone have probleme to see the network list ?

I have an Iphone with the Beta App

Version : 3.0.1

Build : 1299914.279843063

I'm able to see the organization and enter in but i don't see any network

When you choose the organisation, the network list appears in the menu as well. It’s a swipe gesture to choose (see the two dots at the bottom).

Not so obvious, but once you know... you know 🙂

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you tap on the organization it should take you to the list of networks, to get back to the organization chooser swipe right from the left hand side of the screen

@cmr 

This what i do but networks doesn't show up :

Some screnshots :

MicrosoftTeams-image (6).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (7).pngMicrosoftTeams-image (8).png

in the web dashobard i can see all networks

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That definitely looks broken!

Hey @damienleick , are you a network admin on that organization by chance, rather than a full org admin? We currently don't support network admins, and regretfully don't make that particularly clear in this version of the app.

@cmr  @joe   

Definitly app problem.

I found something.

The user who have the problem has the follwing rules in the profile :

- Access networks  tagged "X" 'Read-only'

- Access network tag "Y" 'Read-only'

With this kind of rules both Android and IOS app dosen't show networks (but i can confirm in previous beta version it was working)

User who have 'Full' write on tagged network don't work

but

organizations admin there is no problem

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@joe glad to see that in 3.0.3 the massive usage values have been corrected.  Thank you 😎

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also on our main DC network the clients screen now opens, although it is down to 2.4k unique clients at the moment down from the pre Covid-19 20k.  However when I click on the policies tab for a client it crashes the app every time....  On smaller networks with 1-300 unique clients the policies tab only crashes the app some of the time, it seems to be mostly where the network is an MX only network.

joe
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@cmr We identified a bug that causes a force crash in the way you described when viewing clients that are connected via Client VPN. Can you double check to see if the clients you are having issues with are Client VPN clients? If not, would you mind DMing me a link to the client in question?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @joe , unfortunately they are definitely not Client VPN clients, I'll DM you some examples.

Cheers,

Charles

damienleick
Getting noticed

Still no viewing availabity for user with "read-only" permissons

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Interestingly, in 3.0.3 the switch ports now all light up and show PoE connections, except you have to wait 5-10 seconds and sometimes the lights simply don't come...  From my testing 11.31 worked, 12.12 worked and 12.13 failed

joe
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Version 3.0.4 has been released! A full change log can be found here.

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

It has been a while since I used the Meraki App to manage SM.

The three features that I needed were:
 - Be able to search for a device via the serial

- Be able to rename an SM Device

- Be able to put a device in to and out of single app mode

Thank you,

Peter James

JérémieRioux
New here

SAML not working. Any ETA?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.