Template configuration with its Addressing&Vlan

Solved
Ezzatcs
Comes here often

Template configuration with its Addressing&Vlan

now I'm trying to create a templet and bind a network to it to push my configuration to all networks from one place. in my case, we have a multi-site with Meraki appliances, and we need these sites to have a different submit.

for example:

location x with 192.168.5.0/24

location y with 192.168.10.0/24

location z with 192.168.10.0/24 and so on.

With my template in my meraki Vlan, I create for each site a Vlan in my template with its submit and assign each network(site) in DHCB to its submit to have an IP. But when I connect the device to this network (Site) don't get an IP from this submit.1.png

2.png3.png

Kindly help me in this point to make each site have its submit and I can apply configuration from a template like group policies to all networks. feel free to suggest a new way to achieve my goals or configure my template in the right way.

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to create a single template with a supernet that contains all possible site subnets.  You must enable VLANs in the template.  Then you can use the "unique IP addressing" option, so each site will be automatically given a unique subnet.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_... 

When you bind a new network to the template Meraki will automatically give it a subnet from the supernet you assigned, however you can just go into the network and change this to some other subnet in the supernet that you would like to use.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to create a single template with a supernet that contains all possible site subnets.  You must enable VLANs in the template.  Then you can use the "unique IP addressing" option, so each site will be automatically given a unique subnet.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple_... 

When you bind a new network to the template Meraki will automatically give it a subnet from the supernet you assigned, however you can just go into the network and change this to some other subnet in the supernet that you would like to use.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.