SSID and Network

SOLVED
peddy76
New here

SSID and Network

Hi all,

I'm new with Meraki Dashboard and I would like to know if it possible to associate an existing SSID with a new Network that I have created.

Many thanks,

Maurizio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RSTOCK
Conversationalist

Try looking under organization-configuration sync

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RSTOCK
Conversationalist

Try looking under organization-configuration sync

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can also say to create the new network by copy the existing network.

Both of the above should work. I've included a link here to a article outlining configuration sync in more detail - https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Cloning_Network_S...

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

When I try to sync my new SSID to my other Wifi networks, I can only see two of them? Why can't I sync the SSID across all? 

I'm trying to create a Meraki Radius SSID and have it available for all networks. I assume I can just manually create the SSID on the other networks and the users will be able to sign in at any branch office? 

Are they all "MR" access points?  I'm not sure the built in access points (such as MX65W) have the same capability.

Each branch office has a MX60W. The SSID settings page allows us to setup WPA2 Enterprise with Meraki Radius for each of these sites. 

We just setup a test and it appears the users have to created at each site. I hope there is a better way... 

You need a central authentication source, like Active Directory.

Do you have any centralised authentication system?

Yes sir, we have an Azure Domain Controller... So the Radius has to be setup there? 

Appreciate your input! 

Absolutely.  Follow this [long] guide.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Configuring_RADIUS_Authentication_...

Once done you can even create a group policy to deploy the WiFi settings.  Users will never have to touch anything, because they will authenticate with their logged in AD credentials by default.

Awesome! You are a big deal! Smiley LOL

That sounds like a promotion from "Kind of a big deal".  Thanks.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.