Resync 2FA with new mobile

HowardDavies
New here

Resync 2FA with new mobile

How do I resync 2-factor authentication after changing my mobile phone and re-installing Google authenticator - this is for a test organisation with a single administrator

4 Replies 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I have had to do 2fa when I got a new phone so I would remove 2fa and set it up again.

Enthusiast

That’s where the problem is - this is the only admin account on the organisation so I cannot access the dashboard to make any changes

Your only hope then is making a support call. Possibly they‘re able to deactive 2FA for your account. Woudln‘t count on it though cause this would cause a security issue.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you don't have your old phone to still be able to log in and you don't have the bypass codes - you are now locked out.  Following this procedure to regain access:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Two-Factor_Authentication#Reco... 

What we do internally is we keep a copy of the original QR code that was used to add to Google Authenticator so we can re-add it to phones easily.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.