Removing Network from Template Issues

thaack
Getting noticed

Removing Network from Template Issues

Anyone in engineering know what the deal is with unbinding a network while retaining configuration not being possible? Back in early July, I attempted to remove a network from a template while retaining configuration and was met with an error. Called support and after lengthy process was informed that "This looks like a known issue on the dashboard end and reported to our development team. There is no fix been advised at this time and they are working on a fix for this issue." Followed up a few weeks ago and was told there was no progress.

I'd really like to start using the Secure(fka. Any) Connect licensing we purchased but we are unable as Secure Connect is not supported in networks bound to a template. 😡

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If you have a network failing to unbind Support is the right option to get it resolved. This is usually due to a config validation error and Support has tools to inspect which element is failing.

Ryan / SE - Networking

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

I have an open support case that has been marked as "support action pending" due to the bug? with dashboard. If I can recall, no config validation problems occurred, and support had mentioned that it was a known issue according to development. Just wondering if anyone in engineering has more info on when this can be resolved, or should I attempt to see if I can get a refund for AnyConnect licensing.

Shoot me a DM and I can send you the case number if you have a chance to look at it 😁

KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @thaack 

Do you remember the exact error you were running into. If its been this long is there a particular reason you can't create/duplicate a new network manually? I know its not the most convenient option but it would definitely get you started on that path to Secure Connect.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When breaking out of a template the main thing lost is VLAN IP addresses on MX.  Most other things "stick".

When I do this, I usually just note those down, break the network out, and then re-apply the IP addresses.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.