Remove profile from disconnected iPad

MattTils
Just browsing

Remove profile from disconnected iPad

Hi All,

We have around 12 iPads that are monitored using Meraki. About 6 of these iPads are showing that they haven't connected since March and aren't reconnecting. 1 of these iPads has videos on that need to be taken off but I'm unable to remove the restrictions from the iPad.

Is there a way to remove the restrictions from the iPad itself?

Kind regards

Matt

6 REPLIES 6
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

On the iPad, Settings - General - Devicemanagement. There you should be able to delete it, if it is not forbidden.

It's not showing a delete button when under the profile. it's set to ask for a password to remove profile but I've never set it to restrict removal completely.

Where would the option to restrict the removal be on the dashboard?

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

you are right, you can only set it to remove with password. remembered incorrectly...

Well and they don´t get a pw promt?

Nope, got the iPad in front of me and there is no remove option, just shows the options for More Details, Apps and Restrictions

@MattTils  try using a different internet connection, maybe there is something blocking these devices from communicating on your current network. 

Devices shouldn't suddenly stop communicating with the dashboard, something has changed that causes this to happen. 

Another option could be to re-enrol the device by going to m.meraki.com and entering your network ID.

Hi @BlakeRichardson. I've tried a different internet connection but still no joy. I have other iPads that are working fine through the main connection we have here.

I've tried re-enrolling the device but the Profile Installation is disabled.

Here is a screenshot of the 6 devices on the dashboard:

Untitled.jpg

I've reinstalled 10562 and that has connected back to the dashboard. Nothing has changed that should have made these all disconnect around the same time.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.