Problem about inventory device

SOLVED
Porch
Here to help

Problem about inventory device

I have the problem about inventory device. My customer have MR33 1 unit, he said he had bought MR33 in Malaysia (or another country, I can't remember) and cannot remembered organization (Because he don't know who is register this MR33  in anywhere). 

The question is 
1. How to unclaim device or investigate device in unknown organization ? 
2. Do you check to where the this device using is ?

In case of my customer is  account manager

Cloud you help me to check where this MR33 using is ? and How to unclaimed this device ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think someone wants to test solution from Cisco Meraki themselves, But don’t talk to my customer about this long time ago(I think)

They don’t stole this device but they haven’t unclaimed device in organization yet

I want to how to check where this device using is ??

I have already opened this case to Meraki support but They haven’t replied mail to me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So lets get this straight - your "customer" has an MR33,  registered by an unknown person to an unknown organisation?

Sounds like it is stolen to me.

I think someone wants to test solution from Cisco Meraki themselves, But don’t talk to my customer about this long time ago(I think)

They don’t stole this device but they haven’t unclaimed device in organization yet

I want to how to check where this device using is ??

I have already opened this case to Meraki support but They haven’t replied mail to me.

Thank Jesus a lot!!!! My customer found the ID and password user-login in unknown organization, But that organization has license (Not expired),  it has MR 1 unit and MX64 1unit. My customer want to merge license from this organization with my organization

Could you  tell me How to moving license from the organization to my organization??

Or opened case to support Meraki 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You have to open a case my support to do that.

I have already opened this case with Meraki support.

I will waiting the answer of Meraki support.

Simo-s_h
Here to help

As far as I know nobody can unclaim or remove devices from organization they don't have access to. Not even support.

Therefore for example the market of second hand Meraki gear is a mess. And so it should be imho.

You are pretty much out of luck.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.