Offline Dashboard Backup and Restore

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Offline Dashboard Backup and Restore

You had better sit down before I tell you this.

I've managed to write a script to about 75% backup a Meraki Dashboard configuration to a file, and then restore the environment.

http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-backup.html

7 Replies 7
Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

Philip

This looks really useful, do let me know if you need me to test anything.

Robin

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

is think this should not be in there?

del mySNMP['v2CommunityString']
del mySNMP['hostname']
del mySNMP['port']

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ww the Dashboard API does not let you configure those settings, only retrieve them - so yes, I have to delete them otherwise the update call fails.

Nice work @PhilipDAth! I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if Meraki added a roll-back feature within dashboard natively. I.e You'd make a change to some configuration apply the change, you'd then have a ten minute period to be able to roll back in the case of causing any unforeseen problems. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@MilesMeraki wrote:

Nice work @PhilipDAth! I was just thinking, wouldn't it be great if Meraki added a roll-back feature within dashboard natively. I.e You'd make a change to some configuration apply the change, you'd then have a ten minute period to be able to roll back in the case of causing any unforeseen problems. 

The one thing I miss from Cisco IOS is the reload in command.  Have an option to send config changes and if you don't send a command to approve them in a timeframe restart on the old config.  Nothing worse than accidentally locking yourself out of something at remote site.

Mr_IT_Guy
A model citizen

This is awesome! I'll give it a whirl later on in the day.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
NFL0NR
Getting noticed

Now that's some good work.  Great job @PhilipDAth

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.