(New?) Meraki Feature - "Update to a specific iOS Version" (iOS 11.3+)

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

(New?) Meraki Feature - "Update to a specific iOS Version" (iOS 11.3+)

Good Morning,

RE: Update to a specific OS version

Does anyone know how to use the Meraki 'select specific iOS' upgrade feature below? I have opened a case, but feel with the Holidays this might be delayed.

There is no selection on the; SM device page, nor the client list (Install OS Update). But the below clearly states something should exist for this feature.

----

Under "Help -> New Features" a post on "April 25, 20182":

MerakiFeatureQuestion.png

Thank you,

Peter James

4 REPLIES 4
MMoss
Building a reputation

@PeterJames

Org -> Network -> System Manager -> Settings -> Make or Edit the profile you want to use the delay option -> Restrictions -> Scroll down to the delay iOS option or do a keyword search on the page. 

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

Thanks @MMoss,

I have found this part and have implemented it. It is more the second highlighted section that has thrown me; I cannot see how to select to upgrade a device from say iOS11.4 to (for example) 12.0 or 12.1 or 12.1.1.

Thank you,
Peter James

MMoss
Building a reputation

I think the only 2 update options you have are 12.1.1 and 12.1.2 with anything older no longer being signed. Given that 2.1.X revisions are minor or security related they might now allow you to pick one or the other, but that is a guess. The other option I can think of is that another option has been enables like block updates or something like that which impacts the delay option. I'm betting it has to do with there only being the one major release currently you only get the option to delay.

PeterJames
Head in the Cloud

Hi @MMoss,

Thanks for taking a look. And you might be on to something about iOS 12.1.1 being the only signed version available at the moment. But even when iOS 12.1 was still signed (24 hours ago) no choice appeared in both iOS update commands places.

@MerakiEmployee - Could any clarify be given here?

Looks like Apple are looking to kill iOS 12.0 and 12.1 quickly given the comments by the jailbreak community. Looks like they missed iOS 12.1 beta 2. This version is still signed...*sigh* 

Thank you,
Peter James

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.