Network in warning status while it has the latest stable version???

T-Infra4crates
Here to help

Network in warning status while it has the latest stable version???

Hi,

In the section Firmware upgrades I see that a number of my networks has a warning status.

When checking why, I can't figure out why it is in a warning status as it has the latest stable version???

I see the latest stable version for switches is MS 14.33.1, and that is the version on active on the switches in the networks with a warning status? As these are production network i don't want to upgrade to a "stable release candidate". 

Is there a way to get rid of the warning state? As I can't upgrade, as the latest stable version is the already installed version!.

How to solve this?

Kind regards,

Thijs van Yperen

Thijs van Yperen
4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm with you - I don't like seeing a warning when you ARE running the latest stable firmware.  I personally feel that Meraki should not classify this as a warning case.

Perhaps if Meraki wants to bring this to people's attention they should create an additional alert type - "Info".  A "FYI" - there is a new stable release candidate available.

Crocker
Building a reputation

Agree. Have had to explain this to Security and Management teams several times over the years.

soundman353
Here to help

I have a date with my warring. I tried looking in the release notes and searching on this forum for possible reasons.

2023-03-15_12-54-54.jpgI agree with you; I don't want to jump to a stable release candidate unless there is a security issue or something similar. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

15.21 is now out and marked as stable, so they are legitimate warnings now, but as stated were there before with no newer stable release.  I think it is due to some non-stable releases being marked as such when they have been superseded, see below when we know that 15.18 and 15.20 were never a stable release:

cmr_0-1679071906799.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.