Meraki SSO with Okta

Yaad
Here to help

Meraki SSO with Okta

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if it's the right place but we are running Meraki in our company and we tried to Setup the SSO with Okta based on the documentation from Okta/Meraki and when we set this up and assigned to the users we are getting redirected to this page (see screenshot)

Yaad_0-1655806085252.png

Even though everything is configured correctly.

Anyone that encountered it before ? 

Would be happy for advice,

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3
Bettencourt
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Are you using SAML 2.0 and is your SAML user unique or does the admin already have a non-SAML dashboard account?

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Configuring_SAML_S...

Hi thank you for your quick response, We have non-SAML Dashboard users that have been created individually and their roles have been given manually as well. 

I've found out that when I delete a manually created user from the dashboard and then when he tries to Sign in using the App in Okta via SSO he managed to get to the dashboard but he is getting only read-only mode for the organization even though his role in the SAML side configured for admin full access. why is that ?

Thank you !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.