Meraki Now Renewals

MichaelStacks
Here to help

Meraki Now Renewals

Hey all,

I have a customer with a larger network infrastructure who's looking at Meraki Now service offerings.  They want to understand how they would track their service renewals.  I'm not sure how to see what's covered under the Meraki Now service.  Is it a new tab or segment under licensing or is it in CCW-R like Smartnet?

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Good question.  I have not sold any yet, but I know it is in regular CCW and priced as a percentage of the total hardware price.  Here is a doc about it: https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_now_solution_guide.pdf

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

And as I understand Meraki Now is simply paying for the right to get faster hardware replacements (where available).  It looks like the best tier is 24X7X2OS

*Edited fastest onsite service.

Yep, that's my dilemma though.  How do I know which units are covered by Meraki Now and which units have regular support.  And if I purchased the Meraki Now Service at the same time of the hardware purchase, as I grow and add on to my network, how do I figure out when the service renewals are for the stuff I bought in June 2018, verses January 2019?

Well, I will be following to see if you find out 😉

I suppose I would start with my distributor to see what they know and then maybe a Meraki rep who can find out.

Hopefully someone here has sold it and can fill us in.

Good luck.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki Now (aka Cisco SmartNet) is a real pain.

We track SmartNet using a spreadsheet.  We record the contract number, contract start, contract expiry, part number and the serial number (it is tied to the serial number)

Personally I have deliberately avoided Meraki Now, and instead sold customers extra spare units instead.  The bigger the customers network is the more attractive doing the sparing yourself becomes.

Roska
A model citizen

Good question, no experience here and I wonder if you´d be able to use Smart account(s) to manage the inventory. Interested to see what is the outcome. Good luck!

MichaelStacks
Here to help

Received confirmation from Meraki Now.  These renewals are now visible in CCW-R and can be handled just like traditional SNTC renewals.  Great news!!

Thanks for info!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.