Meraki MS - Allowed vlans menu new feature

Solved
tonyavk
Here to help

Meraki MS - Allowed vlans menu new feature

Is it any way to remove this drop down menu ?

tonyavk_0-1726100651187.png

when I edit it I want just edit it, like a text field, not retyping everything.

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There's no way to disable it.
I find it's a sometimes helpful, sometimes annoying feature.

To edit the existing list in your scenario, click "301,707-710" in the dropdown box. Then on the right-hand side of the box a little pencil icon appears. Clicking that will allow you to edit to add or remove VLAN's.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There's no way to disable it.
I find it's a sometimes helpful, sometimes annoying feature.

To edit the existing list in your scenario, click "301,707-710" in the dropdown box. Then on the right-hand side of the box a little pencil icon appears. Clicking that will allow you to edit to add or remove VLAN's.

That works, thanks! But man, this is so overcomplication for no reason and benefits (at least in my case) 

Perhaps it's not a need for everyone. But, you can still just type in a VLAN ID value if you want.

The broader benefit of VLAN profiles is being able to have an intuitive naming convention for VLAN assignments whether it be via static or via RADIUS auth. So, instead of having to know what VLAN numbers correlate to which switches and ports you can map VLAN names (PCs, printers, phones, APs, Cameras, IoT, etc) to switches and ports.

After learning how the feature works I fine I prefer being able to quickly edit a port for VLAN name/role rather than having to remember or look up what VLAN number is the one I want.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

Yeah. This is nice feature to have if you have few (~20-50) vlans to manage but if you have more than 200 and its in rapidly changing environment (lab) this feature feels like unnecessary hiccup. Would be nice if it can be turn 'off' even if its 'on' by default.  

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

No need to click the pencil icon. Just type in what you want, hit return or tab, save.

Also, this is tied to the VLAN profiles feature on the early access page. Disable that and at least today you'll no longer see it in your UI.

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The "just hit return" doesn't work for me. I have to first hit the tab, and then the new value is taken. With return, everything I enter is removed. This new feature sucks.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.