Meraki Dashboard Extrememly Slow

MZimb
Just browsing

Meraki Dashboard Extrememly Slow

I made a change to a port and it took 17 minutes for it to take effect.  Now the port is back up, however the port is still showing as black even though the device on it is reachable.  All last week we were averaging 8 minutes per change.  It seems to be getting worse and worse.  I think direct console access would be a godsend at this point.  (By console I mean a telnet or ssh session where you can make changes in real time.  If you don't know what telnet or ssh is, ignorance is bliss.)

10 REPLIES 10
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

What shard are you on?

Might be worth a call to support to see if they can do something about that (moving you to a newer one), and/or look into the one your on to see if there are any issues.

That seems waaaay to long for a change to kick in so for sure reach out to support.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

How do you check to see which shard you are on?

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Look at your URL

XXX.meraki.com/<sitename>/askldfaslfasfaf

The XXX is the shard number. starts with an 'n'
TwitterLinkedIn

Thanks Nolan. I am on a support with Meraki and we did a change together. So far, 22 minutes and counting.
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Yikes lol

Good luck and let us know how it goes (in case anyone else in the future has the issue)
TwitterLinkedIn

Either you have a shard fault or your devices are having trouble talking to the shard (such as local firewall rules, ISP connectivity issue, etc).

So I am on shard n180.  When I was on the phone with support yesterday it took 25 minutes per change.  We tried several networks to confirm it wasn't specific to a site.  We have the same firewall's everywhere and normally these changes take less than a minute.  Support concluded that there is definitely something wrong in the back end and she kicked the ticket up.  I will keep you guys informed. 

SLR
Building a reputation

Are you able to reboot the device which you made changes to on the port?
MZimb
Just browsing

Not easily as it is at a remote site.

Zilla
Getting noticed

We had a similar issue earlier this summer. While support never said they found anything wrong on our shard, it did stop after we called them.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.