Meraki Content filter false classification

Tim_Patrick_ADS
Here to help

Meraki Content filter false classification

On 2/17 we started to have issues with web pages not loading correctly. When we went to look into it we discovered the Dashboard issues that many others have also reported. Such as the event log being empty, navigation menus disappearing and other pages loading completely blank.

Once the dashboard started working again we discovered the vast majority of our content was being flagged as gambling and their by blocked. We removed the Gambling category and opened a support case with Meraki. We then saw the content blocks moving to Parked domains, again we removed parked domains, and then it went to the Adult content category. As this was at the end of our production day we opted to wait for support to get back to us. Which they still have not 17 hours after the report of the high priority ticket. 

We confirmed this was happening to MX devices on 14.53 and 14.42 so it was not a code issue.

Has any one else experienced this issue?

7 Replies 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

NoI haven't seen this, what have support come back to you with?  If you haven't heard from them maybe increases the cases priority. 

20+ hours for support it was a high priority ticket, It is now working correctly little to no feedback from support as to what or why.

I would provide feedback about the level of support you received to your Meraki account manager but also to support. It's important for them to know if you feel the level is below acceptable. 

You could directly file a change request with Brightcloud: https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/change-request.php

As Meraki is (still 😑) simply relying on their judgements, this could prove to be a quicker solution.

Except when every single URL is coming up miss classified, and when you remove that category they all move to the next category.

I don't think I'm getting the point here?!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't had that issue.  I'd call back into support.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.