Managemente VLAN

Chris-L
New here

Managemente VLAN

Hello everyone, I have the following problem. I would like my MS-120 switch to communicate via a separate VLAN to the cloud, to make this possible I have set up a management VLAN and stored it in the switch. Now I have the problem that the switch goes online for an hour and then offline at regular intervals. Firewall releases are all already done so there must be a setting on the switch.

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In fact, you just had to create the VLAN on your L3 device and on the switch configure the native VLAN on the uplink port for this new VLAN.

Can you show how your configuration is?
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Chris-L,

If the switch is going offline at regular intervals, it may be due a failed firmware upgrade. A failed firmware upgrade will cause a device to go offline at regular intervals while it continuously tries to complete the upgrade.

Is the MS120 reporting "Not running configured version" under firmware, as seen in the example attached?

FeliA_0-1705594315268.png

If the firmware appears up-to-date, it may be a DNS or IP conflict issue causing the switch to fail Connection Monitoring tests on the uplink.

Providing the detailed configurations will help to scope the issue, as alemabrahao has mentioned.

Best,
Feli

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.