Manage Cisco devices in the Dashboard

Michael-ICT
Conversationalist

Manage Cisco devices in the Dashboard

I am new to Meraki Dashboard and have run into an issue. While all my Meraki devices show up in the Dashboard and are easily manageable, I have a cisco WS-C3750X-24P connected to a Meraki MS220-24P. The switch does not have an IP address attached to it but the Dashboard sees it, probably by the MAC Address. 

My problem is that I want to be able to manage that device through the Dashboard. How do I configure both the Dashboard and the switch to be managed from within the Dashboard?

4 REPLIES 4
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Your 3750 (or any non-meraki device really, even cisco gear) is not managed or manageable through the dashboard.

Your best bet is to replace that cisco switch with a meraki switch if you want that.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Nolan, Thanks for the quick reply and for the answer. Your suggestion leads us to make a good sales pitch to the customer! Thanks again.

nealgs
Building a reputation

Same situation - they appear due to LLDP discovery and are displayed as the switches model/name as they are all Cisco ones - the HP ones also appear to, but as regarding management - afraid not as mentioned, none are Cloud managed devices or Meraki kit..

Just in the process of moving over to all Meraki MS225 poe switches 🙂

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

If you are looking for managing/automating changes for equipment from multiple vendors ( or Cisco and Cisco Meraki), you may want to look at a product like https://www.ansible.com.

Otherwise @NolanHerring is right in saying you can't manage non-Meraki equipment in the Meraki dashboard.
CMNO, CCNA R+S
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.