MX Reporting

WiFiJedi
Here to help

MX Reporting

Hello,  I am looking for a way to generate a report (preferably emailed) that lists the traffic usage for all (not just top) MX devices within an organization.  Also if there is a good way to identify an online MX that isn't passing any traffic for a particular VLAN, I'm interested in that as well.  Any ideas/suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
AdamS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

By traffic usage do you mean just the amount of bandwidth used by the MX or more detailed traffic analysis for the network? You can't get detailed traffic analysis page currently emailed or consolidated down for all networks into a single report currently. You can export the Traffic analysis page filtered by MX to csv file. You can also get some traffic analysis info via the API and produce your own report from that https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs#the-traffic-analysis-data-for-this-network. Regarding the detecting, if the MX isn't passing traffic on a certain VLAN I would suggest using the packet capture live tool to determine if traffic is being blocked at the MX or another interface in the network.
Adam Slater
Content Engineering Manager
Product Enablement

Basically we have MX65's in our environment with a VLAN built out for guest wireless traffic. This VLAN maps to a specific WLAN in our Cisco WLAN (FlexConnect) infrastructure for each site. What we are finding is that in some cases, while the MX65 is up and online, guests aren't able to connect to said customer wifi network for whatever reasons. We are looking for a way to proactively identify and resolve when/where this is the case, as such issues don't always get reported back to our help desk in a timely manner.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think the best you'll be able to do is the top 50 clients in the Organisation Summary Report report.  Go:

Organisation/Summary Report

Make sure you are viewing the new version (link in top right hand corner).

Change the "SHOW TOP RESULTS" drop down box to 50.  Go down to the clients section and update the number of clients to display.

Then in the top right hand corner on the on the "email" icon, which will let you schedule it to send you emailed reports of that page on a regular basis.

Thank you, PhilipDAth. 
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should probably use a short time span for the report as well then.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.