MX AdvSec + Enterprise licenses in a single org?

SzilardBircsak
Here to help

MX AdvSec + Enterprise licenses in a single org?

Hi. Does this mean that one organisation can now mix MX Enterprise and Advanced Security licenses in a single org and even single network?

5 Replies 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A good question for @MerakiShawn .

MerakiShawn
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@SzilardBircsak wrote:

Hi. Does this mean that one organisation can now mix MX Enterprise and Advanced Security licenses in a single org and even single network?

No, an organization cannot have a mix of MX Advanced Security and MX Enterprise. 

Is this something that may be reviewed in the future?

What is the logic for the single licence type across the organisation?

I understand that is traditionally the case, my question was meant to be in the forum relating to Per-Device licensing (for whatever reason it was listed as new topic).

With Per-Device licensing do we still have this limit?

As far as the question as to why, it's because we have production customers who need to run two different orgs to have both Enterprise and Advanced Sec MXs in their environment.

MerakiShawn
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@SzilardBircsak wrote:

I understand that is traditionally the case, my question was meant to be in the forum relating to Per-Device licensing (for whatever reason it was listed as new topic).

With Per-Device licensing do we still have this limit?

As far as the question as to why, it's because we have production customers who need to run two different orgs to have both Enterprise and Advanced Sec MXs in their environment.

@SzilardBircsak Both licensing models have the same constraint. You can read more about it in our documentation.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.