List all the Device with same start name

Jason_Tang
Conversationalist

List all the Device with same start name

Hi Team,

I'm new to the Meraki Portal admin. Is there a way to list all devices with the same starting name, such as 'QPCYWA,' across all networks?

Thank you,
Jason

3 Replies 3
Craieggg
Conversationalist

1. Login to the Meraki Dashboard
2. Select your organization -> Networks -> View All Networks
3. Switch to the Devices tab from the table on the right side of the screen
4. In the search bar, type QPCYWA and that should filter it across all networks

Alternatively, you can do this via the Inventory page as well

1. Login to the Meraki Dashboard
2. Select your organization -> Configure -> Inventory -> QPCYWA  and it will filter for that.

Hope that helps 🙂 

Jason_Tang
Conversationalist

Thank you, and I apologize for the confusion. I didn't make my question clear. I'm looking to check all the client devices connected to our network, not the network devices themselves.

Hi Jason,

That sounds like a job the Meraki API would be able to accomplish as the dashbaord does not provide a way to get client details across all networks in one location.

You will need to iterate through all your networks using - Get Organization Networks - Meraki Dashboard API v1 - Cisco Meraki Developer Hub

Then using the network id information, grab the list of clients using and filter on the description field ="QPCYWA " - Get Network Clients - Meraki Dashboard API v1 - Cisco Meraki Developer Hub

You can refer to automation-scripts/find_clients.py at master · meraki/automation-scripts · GitHub as a base line and tweak it as per your requirements

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.