Licensing

Justin1104
Comes here often

Licensing

Hi, 

Just wondered if anybody out there can help on this as Meraki have a great way of not helping by sending links to documentation. 

Here goes 

I have a lot of hardware that i want to replace next year so purchased one year licenses for this hardware and 3 year for the hardware that does not need to be replaced. 

We where on Co-Term license but changed to PDL as better in regards to replacement. 

The new licenses will only show a Co-Term date even though we changed to PDL, Support have told me to create a whole new organization and add the licenses into there of which i transferred one of the devices and its licenses and it looked to work but then did another and it went back to one date for expiry. 

Not only is this a mammoth task creating the organization the fix did not work. 

If anybody has an easier option let me know as tried to escalate with Meraki and got ignored. 

Justin  

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Justin1104,

The PDL maintain a single shared expiration date or various expiration dates across devices, networks, or organizations.

For customers who have multiple expiration dates across devices and want to have a shared expiration date, they can purchase one-day license SKUs for their products. If there are two different expiration dates, the license expiration date can only be "trued-up" to equal to or later than the further expiration date.

For example, if a customer has two devices, one with an expiration date of January 1, 2020, and another with an expiration date of January 31, 2020, the customer can purchase (30) one-day SKUs and apply it to the first device.

Customers cannot split license time and apply it across multiple devices. For example, if a customer has an additional one-year license and 12 devices, they can only apply it to a single device. They cannot break it apart and apply one month across 12 devices.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi, 

Thanks for the response 

This is what i purchased so hopefully does not fall under the last scenario, We under three orders 

First Order 

Quantity

Item

Description

LIC-MS120-24P-3YR

Meraki MS120-24P Enterprise License and Support, 3 Year

LIC-MX67-ENT-3YR

Meraki MX67 Enterprise License and Support, 3YR

LIC-ENT-3YR

Meraki MR Enterprise License, 3YR

Second order

LIC-MV-1YR

Meraki MV Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

Third Order 

LIC-Z1-ENT-1YR

Meraki Z1 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX80-ENT-1YR

EOS Meraki MX80 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX84-ENT-1YR

Meraki MX84 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX65-ENT-1YR

EOS Meraki MX65 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX65W-ENT-1YR

EOS Meraki MX65W Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

LIC-MX64-ENT-1YR

Meraki MX64 Enterprise License and Support, 1YR

Was hoping the the dashboard would reflect expiry dates as per above instead of just one date for all 

Justin 

I took a look on my dashboard, and It's look fine to me:

alemabrahao_0-1663076572982.png

Can you share your license expiration data?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Justin1104
Comes here often

Wish mine looked like that 

Screenshot 2022-09-13 144952.jpg

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.