Is the PSU on the MX105 hot swappable?

Solved
LiamWestlake
Conversationalist

Is the PSU on the MX105 hot swappable?

I have a PSU to replace (MA-PWR-150WAC) on a MX105, but cannot find if this PSU is hot-swappable.

Other MX's are listed with hot-swappable PSU's but I cannot find a mention if it specifically is or isn't.

Any help would be great. Documentation is here - MX95/MX105 Series Hardware Installation Guide - Cisco Meraki Documentation

1 Accepted Solution
LiamWestlake
Conversationalist

Meraki product team have advised that MXs with dual power supplied support hot swapping, and to ensure the swap is done during a maintenance window - solved 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@LiamWestlake I would be amazed if it was not as every other twin modular power supply Cisco device I have ever used is.  If you only have one power supply at the moment make sure you wait until you can see the new one inserted and live in the second slot before touching the first slot.

LiamWestlake
Conversationalist

Was thinking the same thing, but the fact that it doesn't confirm it in the documentation makes me more paranoid.

Will see what Meraki comes back with.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is listed as an orderable accessory.  There would not be any point to this if you couldn't install it.  If you can install it, you can replace it.

PhilipDAth_0-1718053725901.png

Was referring to the ability to swap the PSU while the FW was still running, rather than installing it at all.

LiamWestlake
Conversationalist

Meraki product team have advised that MXs with dual power supplied support hot swapping, and to ensure the swap is done during a maintenance window - solved 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.