Improved client tracking - beta testers needed!

PatrickL
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Improved client tracking - beta testers needed!

Hi everyone,

The dashboard team is building out a new and improved client tracking method, and we're looking for early access testers!

So what's new? Well, there are currently two tracking methods on the MX - track by MAC and track by IP address. Each comes with specific use cases. Tracking by MAC works across your entire Meraki stack, but doesn't have visibility through your layer 3 devices, such as a routing switch, which means downstream traffic usage is attributed to that switch. This can lead to some skewed results on the clients and summary reports page. Track by IP will identify clients over layer 3, but also requires that your MX is split into its own dashboard network and IP addresses aren't always unique.

This new tracking method takes the best of both worlds, leveraging the power of dashboard to uniquely track clients across layer 3 in a single combined network. If you:

1. Use fullstack layer 3 Meraki networks
2. Have a lab or branch network with MX and MS L3 switch(es)
3. Want to be the first to see how this can streamline your dashboard administration and improve client traffic reporting.

fill out the form below!

Thanks,
Patrick

9 REPLIES 9
Dudleydogg
A model citizen

I presume we can roll back any changes Also don't want to lose combined Network.

Like everything together.

thanks,

Quimax
Getting noticed

Curiosity...when should we expect a reply after filling in the form?

I received email and also see the Feature in my MX

PatrickL
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Everyone who has signed up thus far should have received an email! Client tracking mode can be always be changed back, though changing that setting does reset traffic data. 

when you enable this feature does it also enable DAI ? Dynamic Arp Inspection?

sebas
Getting noticed

Signed up, very curious

PatrickL
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

FYI this is now available as 'Cloud Track'! You should see this as a new client tracking option if you meet the conditions described in documentation. We'll notify customers who may benefit from recombining their MX and fullstack networks directly through dashboard.

sebas
Getting noticed

Yesterday i enabled the cloud tracking.

When i check the traffic log and click an appliation, still only the Meraki L3 interface of our MS is displayed as client:

Capture.JPG

sebas
Getting noticed

took some time but now i have somewhat more usefull reporting 😉

tnx  Meraki !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.